My Business

My Business
Diamond Studded Publications

Monday, March 30, 2015

Paying it forward with Leah Forney

I am so pleased to have the chance to interview Leah. We met while classmates in John Jay College. Leah is the most down to earth person I have ever met. She has not let her circumstances or her past hold her down or back.

Introducing Ms. Leah Forney







Sheri: Introduce yourself to the world. Who is Leah Forney?

Leah: My name is Leah Forney. I am 28 years old African American female. I am a native of Queens/Brooklyn, New York. I am a graduate of John Jay College of Criminal Justice in which I majored in Criminal Justice. I currently reside in Durham, North Carolina. I am a caregiver, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. I am an actress. I am a graduate student at Capella University in which I will be receiving my masters in Marriage & Family Therapy. I am a speaker of domestic violence and sexual assault in which I have survived both. I will soon be business owner of F.A.I.T.H. F.L.Y.S.

Sheri: What is the name of your business and what role do you play in it?

Leah: F.A.I.T.H. F.L.Y.S. Stands for Firmly And Intimately Trusting Him (God), Forever Loving Yourselves. It's a mentoring program that I along with my partner Hazel Barker are establishing to help guide our young people through life. It will service the population of the ages of 7 to 19. We feel those are critical ages in which we struggle with identity crisis and figuring out to who we are. At 15, I lost my virginity. By 19 I was in a domestic violence situation. I did many things looking for love to solve my mommy and daddy issues because they were drug addicts who didn't raise me. I am the CEO & Co-Founder of my business.

Sheri: Did you know as a child that you wanted to own a business?

Leah: As a child, I knew I wanted to impact change in people's lives. I knew that if I overcame every obstacle I went through then I was destined to help others through their obstacles. I knew I would be my own boss someday.

Sheri: Was it harder or easier than you expected to start your own business?

Leah: Since I am in the ground stages of establishing my business, I was say it is harder to run your business because it requires a lot of research, time, energy, and legal documentations to make it official.

Sheri: If you could change one thing about your business, what would it be?

Leah: If I could change one thing for my business, it would probably be making sure there's parental involvement with the children that I will be mentoring.

Sheri: Do you have any advice for aspiring entrepreneurs?

Leah: My advice to aspiring entrepreneurs will be (1) Research, Research, Research (2) Discover your niche and how you can make it profitable. (3) Keep your faith in God. If He gave you the vision, the provision has already been provided.

Sheri: Where can potential clients find your business information?


Leah: Potential Clients or Customers can email me at coachbyleahmichelle@gmail.com or leah.forney@yahoo.com. You can find me on Facebook at Leah Michelle or Twitter @LeahForney

No comments:

Post a Comment